Wednesday, August 15, 2012

DIY Ombre Hair!

0 Comments


DIY Ombre Hair



Ebates - Make Money

I'm one of those girls who wears no make up and literally shoves her hair in a bun everyday, and that's my look.  I'm tired of it!  I have no talent what so ever when it comes to make up, so I decided I'd start with my hair.

For a few months, I was rockin' super red tresses and I adored it.
My family and friends... not so much.  They were sick of it, so I went back to my boring Medium Ash Brown.  Since I've always had funky hair, I decided I wanted something more than mud brown hair.  I started looking on Pinterest and came across a pin for DIY Ombre Hair from Socapricious.  I thought 'Why the hell not' and went for it.

I ran to Rite-Aid, and that was my first mistake.  They didn't have any bleaching kits, so I went for the next best thing:  A highlighting kit.  I got Revlon Frost & Glow for Medium to Dark brown hair.  Bonus:  It was on sale for $5.99!  So, if the whole thing went bad, I'd only be losing out on 6 bucks and I was in need of a trim anyways.

My second mistake:  Thinking I could pull it off on my own.  It's a bit tricky to do it to yourself... You can't tell if you're doing it even, applying enough dye, etc.  So, being the adult that I am, I asked Mommy for help.  :)  She wasn't too pleased, but did it for her darling daughter anyway.  She actually did an AMAZING job.  It came out great and I really, really love it.

Here are my results.  Tell me what you think!




0 comments:

Post a Comment