Saturday, August 11, 2012

'Naughty' Donuts!

0 Comments



Ebates - Make Money!

I found this pin about 2 weeks ago.  My fiance just lovesss sweets, so I thought I'd surprise him one night and tell him we were making donuts.  He was super thrilled and we ran to the store to get the ONLY ingredient we needed:  Philsbury Grands! Buttermilk Style Biscuits.

The blog I got the Pin from is Little Bit Funky and after reading a few posts from her blog, I was crackin' up.  She called these donuts "Naughty Donuts" saying that "they are WAY too easy for the amount of amazing that they taste."  And she WASN'T kidding.  Once finished, these bad boys are ri-dic-u-lous!

Just a hint:  Don't leave these out on the counter if you want to save theme for yourself.  They go REALLY fast, I mean... crazy fast.  Oh and the donut-holes, they'll be gone before you're even done covering in the cinnamon-sugar.

Little Bit Funky doesn't have many pictures of the process, so I thought I'd take some extra and post it for you guys.  The only hard part about making these is deciding what to do with the left over oil.  Maybe I'll make some rice balls....

Naughty Donuts
Step One - Heat oil in a skillet on medium-low temperature.  This is important!  If you cook it at too high of a temperature the dough will not cook through in the middle.  Trust me, the extra 3-5 minutes of heating time is worth the wait!!  You'll need it to be about a 1/2 inch deep.

Naughty Donuts
Step Two - While the oil is heating cut circles in the middle of the biscuits.  I used a cupcake plunger, but any circle cutter will do.  Save the donut holes!

Naughty Donuts
Step Three - Fry the donuts until lightly browned on one side.

Naughty Donuts
Step Four - Flip the donuts with a pair of tongs.

Naughty Donuts
Step Five - Don't forget to throw those donut holes in there!  (Mine flipped themselves, I don't know if yours will too.)

Naughty Donuts
Step Six - Place on a plate that's been covered with paper towels and allow to cool until you can handle them with your hands.

Naughty Donuts
Step Seven - Melt butter in a bowl and prepare a cinnamon-sugar mixture.  I even threw in a DASH of nutmeg.

Naughty Donuts
Step Eight - Cover the donut in butter until lightly coated.

Naughty Donuts
Step Nine - Dip both sides of the donut in the cinnamon-sugar and shake off the excess.

Naughty Donuts
Step Ten - Continue until you're finished and enjoy!

Please don't hate me for this!  I don't want any trash talk in the comment section if you gain any weight from these delish things.


0 comments:

Post a Comment