Thursday, August 16, 2012

S'mores Cupcakes

0 Comments

S'mores Cupcakes


I found this picture pinned about two weeks ago.  It's a picture of a S'mores cupcake and I thought I'd try to make one myself.

I followed my standard recipe that I do for all my cupcakes and cakes, but sadly, the fiance won't let me share it!  He says it's going to the grave with me. Maybe one day I'll convince him to let me share, but for now I'll just give you a few hints and tips.

Recently I started making crusts for my cupcakes.  A crust you ask?  Yes, a crust!  It gives the bottom of the cupcake an amazing crunch factor, and it is a pleasant surprise compared to a traditional cupcake.  For this specific cupcake I used a graham cracker crust!  See where I'm going with this?!  S'mores... graham crackers... You get it!

Here is the recipe I used:

  • One sleeve of graham crackers, crushed very small
  • 1 stick of melted butter
  • 1/2 cup of sugar
Take those three ingredients and mix them together until it looks like wet sand.  Place about a tablespoon on the bottom of each cupcake liner and press down with a spoon.  Place the batter on top and bake.

I took a few pictures of my process, so here we go!

Step One - Once the cupcakes are baked and cooled, plunge a hole in the middle of the cupcake.  To make mine, I used a cupcake plunger.  It makes my life so much easier.

Step Two - With kitchen sheers, take the pieces that you just removed from the cupcake and cut off some cake leaving the top intact.

Step Three - Fill the middle with fluff or any marshmallow filling.

Step Four - Replace the tops.

Step Five - Top with your choice of chocolate frosting.  Top with a toasted marshmallow for presentation.

Chocolate Frosting:
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
  • 2/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
  • 3 cups powdered sugar
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Melt butter.  Stir in cocoa.  Alternately add powdered sugar and milk, beating to spreading consistency.  Stir in vanilla.  Additional milk can be added if you want it to be a bit thinner.  This recipe doesn't make enough frosting to make it look nice.  It's enough to do the typical spreading with a butter knife method.  

Hope you find my post helpful!




0 comments:

Post a Comment