Thursday, August 16, 2012

One Sided Braid

0 Comments

One Sided Braid


I found this step by step on The Beauty Department's website and pinned it.  It seemed fairly simple so I decided to give it a go.

I don't know if it's just me, or if it's because I'm a lefty, but at first I had a little trouble getting this braid down.  I kept taking from the bottom instead of taking just from the top.  Once I got it all down though, the braid looked stunning.  If you don't have time for an extravagant do, this one takes less than five minutes and looks super cute.  This braid is also amazing if you have bangs that you just want out off of your forehead.  Here's a bummer though:  If you've got layers, you'll have some hair that just won't catch into the braid.  I'm not sure on how to fix that.

I didn't have anyone with me while I was doing my braid so I wasn't able to get step by step pictures.  Instead I'm going to try and break it down for you in words and try and make The Beauty Department's instructions a little clearer.  Here it goes!

  1. Part your hair to the side.  With this braid, you'll want a heavier side, I'm not too sure how it'll look with a center part.
  2. Grab a small section of hair near your forehead and separate into three strands.
  3. Start off the braid like you would any french or inside-out french braid.  I did the inside-out french.  I wanted the braid to look more present.
  4. Your next step is to add a piece of hair from the top part of your head, just like you would in a french braid.
  5. Now, instead of taking a piece of hair from the bottom, skip that step entirely and keep braiding until you reach the top of your head again.  Take a piece of hair from the top.
  6. As you go further back on your head, let the braid come lower towards your ear.  You can do this by not pulling as tightly as your braiding.
  7. Continue this until you reach your ear, or as far back as you'd like.  I continued a little further.
  8. Once you've reached your stopping point braid the remaining strands of hair like a normal braid.
  9. Finish the braid with an elastic and tada!  Easy 5 minute hair do.

Here's what mine looked like after I was finished:

One Sided BraidOne Sided Braid

I didn't really feel like having my hair down today, being that it's almost 90 degrees and I'll be heading out in my car with NO A/C.  So I just took all my hair and braided it off to the side.  It looked pretty cool with the previous braid intertwined in it.

  


0 comments:

Post a Comment